Saturday, July 16, 2011

What will my teacher do if I pass out/or have a seizure in front of them?!?!?

I'm 13 and I keep passing out, or blacking out. Sometimes I'll fall, and not wake up for a few min. Others, I'll just black out for 5 seconds, and I'll wake up before I hit the ground. My dr says it's stress, and he prescribed an antidepressant/anti anxiety medication. It's one approved for teens. He said I have blood sugar problems, possible hyperglycemia, but he can't be sure cause my blood work was fine when they checked it. I have panic attacks, and that has led me to pass out before. One time I almost passed out at a parade in June,(I'm in band) and my teacher freaked out! She didn't know what to do. I never actually lost consciousness that time though... My dr told me a week ago, that I'm at risk for seizures. He told me why, but I don't remember the reason. I've had absence seizures but I never realized I did until he explained them. He said it's possible I have epilepsy, but he can't diagnose it unless it happens again or something. Within the past week, I keep zoning out for a few seconds and then not remembering anything after. And normally when I pass out, I'm alone, so is it possible I have seizures without even realizing it! I'll wake up in the weirdest positions, like with my knees up to my chest, or my entire body sprawled out. It's scary. I go back to the dr in a few days, but I want to know if number one it's possible these are seizures, and if numbe 2, there's a cure. Right Before this happens, my vision gets all blurry, and my head hurts horribly. It feels like my entire body goes numb, and I get this weird feeling of like deja vu I guess. Like i know what will happen next, and like its all happened before, but I can't put my finger on it. Then it seems like everything's in slow motion, and I get rly anxious and scarred. Idk why that happens. I'm more worried what will happen at my band practices in august. We have to go for 4 hour everyday for 2 weeks. What will my teachers do if this happens then and is there anything I can do to prevent this?:)

No comments:

Post a Comment